Monday, March 26, 2012

In the Business of Drawing Giants



The 42nd seal of the Roboplastic Apocalypse is smooshed like a cartoon baby unicorn under the foot of a 2,000 foot tall iron golem in part two of my interview with American storyboard artist Wendell Washer! Yes it's more dungeoney and/or dragonny than an enchanted amusement park ride to 1985 as Mr. Washer takes us on a whirlwind tour of his career in the animation industry from the early 70s to the late 80s. What's the difference between a storyboard artist and a storyboard director? Is it possible to draw too good for Filmation? What's the right way to say Toei anyways? Find out all that and more in this PIE ON THE FLOOR FUNNY episode of the podcastalypse!


Or download it directly

Cartoons mentioned in this episode:
Hoppity Goes to Town
Beauty and the Bogbeast

SHOW NOTES OF THE PODCASTALYPSE

2 comments:

Autobus Prime said...

S.L.K.M:

This is my absolute favorite of all your podcasts so far! Mr. Washer has a tremendous amount to say and absolutely no desire to refrain from saying it. I like that! You need to find some sort of excuse to get him back on the show, I don't care how threadbare the excuse is. Discover some underappreciated episode of something or other, ask him how his webcomic is doing, something or anything.

Well done, Macrocranios! :D

Cordially yours,
Autobus Prime

Evil King Macrocranios said...

Yes he was a ton of fun and I felt like I won the podcast interview lottery being able to have him on my show. It's my hope that some podcasters out there who know more about animation than I do will give him a proper interview. He really deserves to be on a show with articulate, cartoon savvy hosts that can expand upon what all he's done in his career. I'm just a big fan of a lot of the cartoons he did and was just excited to be talking to the guy. Imagine what some interviewer who knew what they were doing could get out of him! In the meantime I am very grateful that people of his caliber agree to do interviews with me.

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William at 2600 Degrees

Evil King Macrocranios was voted king by the evil peoples of the Kingdom of Macrocrania. They listen to Iron Maiden all day and try to take pictures of ghosts with their webcams.