Sunday, December 06, 2009

GOODBYE PS3 part 2: I guess I'll know if they checked my hard drive if Stone Philips is the UPS guy

Four days ago I got an email from Sony that started like this:

"Dear PlayStation® Owner,
On 12/02/09 we shipped a PLAYSTATION 3 - CECHA01 and if applicable, peripheral(s) and/or accessories, to you."

I'm glad they didn't decide I hacked my unit or did anything else on my end to void the already expired warranty. I'm a little uncomfortable with their wording. Telling me they shipped "a" Playstation to me instead of definitively saying it was my repaired Playstation being returned has me worried. I guess there's enough wiggle room to interpret it either way. I would love to just have my old system and data back but from how fast it took them to do the turnaround I doubt it's the same one. I sent it to them November 25th, exactly a week and a half ago. A week after I dropped it off at the UPS store they sent me something back? Factor in the delivery time and that's only one or two days to fix a system. I think they just opened mine up, said screw it and sent me a refurbished one.

THEY GET NEW BRAINS SCREWED IN THEM AND ACT CONTRARILY TO WHAT THEY'VE BEEN

I'll find out what they did soon. Tonight I got a call from UPS telling me I have a delivery coming tomorrow. Once it gets here a quick check of the serial numbers will tell me if this is my old friend back from the dead or a new old friend of someone else's recently reanimated. I'm pretty sure my hard drive is gone and with it all my torrented Shin Mazinger Z cartoons and my secret wife-proof hidden folder of topless Disney actresses pictures. Damnit, I hope those chicks were legal when they took those. On the bright side, the Sony rep I called when this whole fiasco began said my son's DVD that was stuck in it would be removed and sent back to me. I can't wait to get back to watching that cartoon about the kid and his friend the duck named Pato a tryptzillion times everyday. OH WAIT YES I CAN.

No comments:

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William at 2600 Degrees

Evil King Macrocranios was voted king by the evil peoples of the Kingdom of Macrocrania. They listen to Iron Maiden all day and try to take pictures of ghosts with their webcams.