Friday, September 12, 2008

iT'S MORE LIKE A DOWNDATE!


Ack! Tonight's blog time was supposed to go towards writing "25 years ago in Transfromers part III (or IV or whatever)" but instead I got the idea to watermark all of the ads from the Vintage Space Toaster Palace. There's a little over 600 of them so this is going to take a little bit. I did a hundred tonight and it took three hours and my brain is fried. Do you have any idea what watermarking 60 GoBots newspapers ads does to a man? Tonight I will probably be dreaming about Scarlett Johansson selling me GoBots.

I'LL BE DAMNED IF KRONOFORM ROBOT WATCH UNIVERSE RIPS ME OFF!

In the meantime the VSTP is offline but hopefully everything will be back up shortly after I return from Vintage Space Toast Tour: Denver next month. I was initially against watermarking because I see it as DRM, which goes against my ideal of presenting this information on the internet as unobscured and unobstructed as possible. When it comes to theft I know that watermarking is about as effective as pissing on scraplets but I think it's about time I get with the program and join 1999.

I HAVE AN HTML BOOK AND I KNOW IT SAYS I CAN CHANGE THE BACKGROUND COLOR

When it comes back, the Space Palace Vintage Toaster Place will also be redesigned. "Redesigned" is probably too strong a word for someone with my retarded HTML skills, so don't expect much my fellow macrocranians. All I want to do is add in some robot drawings between each section. ("Drawings" is also probably too strong a word for someone with my retarded skills.) The VSTP will never approximate anything near web 2.0, but I would like for it to look less Web 1985.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess some Voltron toy ad thievery was just the kick start needed for a VTSP "redesign."

Just keep those B & W solicitations of Colonial Viper launch tubes coming!

k2 said...

EKM, if you need some help in a redesign of the page, let me know. I've got a lot of the codes for the colors, both hexadecimal, and rgb.

Evil King Macrocranios said...

No, it's okay, thanks. I'll just use my usual magical HTML-writing combination of Notepad, W3Schools and lots of root beer.

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William at 2600 Degrees

Evil King Macrocranios was voted king by the evil peoples of the Kingdom of Macrocrania. They listen to Iron Maiden all day and try to take pictures of ghosts with their webcams.