Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Deep down we are more like than unlike Super Ninetndos

I had a 'scary' dream last night that I could tell was my mind trying to scare me but not doing a very good job at it. Since it is my mind, it thinks it knows what I think is spooky but it half asses everything. What it tries to do is trigger feelings of fear and just tape them over some pseudo-scary situations that it makes up. I remember the dream had something to do with aliens following me and it climaxed with an alien in the bathtub looking at me while I was brushing my teeth and I saw him in the mirror. I ended up feeling slightly scared but more annoyed and embarrassed for my mind. Was this the most scary thing I could think of? An alien in the bathtub? I turned around and punched him in the face.

AND I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT A SUPER NINTENDO FEELS LIKE WHEN I PUT IN A NEW CARTRIDGE

As I punched the alien in the nose I saw the fabric of dreamland reality warp around my fist like a whirlpool and I began to wake up. What I found strange was that as I was waking up I could sense the transition from the dream reality to the real reality. While I was inbetween realities I felt like a blank slate. Then I became aware of informations being downloaded into my mind. It was as if facts were being inputted to me a little at a time and I began to understand who I was, then where I was and at what point in my life and once the download was complete I felt awake and aware. For a little while before all the pieces fell into place I remember staring at the ceiling fan and wondering where I was but not being very concerned about not knowing. It was strange to feel like a blank slate being filled with memory or instructions or programming. I wonder what would have happened if at the instant the "who I was" information came to me, my wife would have leaned over and whispered "YOU ARE THE PILOT OF BLUE LION".

1 comment:

Weasel said...

I've had that feeling before. It kinda weirds me out.

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William at 2600 Degrees

Evil King Macrocranios was voted king by the evil peoples of the Kingdom of Macrocrania. They listen to Iron Maiden all day and try to take pictures of ghosts with their webcams.