Thursday, March 13, 2008

Change-Bots not dead!

Here's an excerpt from the latest Incredible Change-Bots Fanclub newsletter:

"There's a few projects in the works for the Change-Bots. First up, there's a short animated trailer being made for the book. I don't know when it'll be finished, but it looks good so far. Second, I'm working on designing my website - www.jeffreybrowncomics.com - and plan on having a gallery of some of the Change-Bots fan club drawings at some point. I also plan on printing up some of my favorites in an upcoming issue of my Sulk series, sometime next year. That issue will also have some new Change-Bots stories in it. And finally, I'm working on designing some Change-Bots vinyl figures. You can read more about that and see my design for the first toy - Balls -HERE ."

So it looks like there'll be a line of vinyl Change-Bots. I'm excited about that. I'm also excited about the further stories and an animated trailer. I am a teeny bit disappointed because I wanted to make my own Balls figure and have it be the only one in the world, but I guess there's still room for a blue repaint named Nemesis Balls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Rock Lords are works of genius compared to this.

Evil King Macrocranios said...

The enthusiastic internet response has me wondering if Incredible Change-Bots is being taken a little too seriously, like how some people think Spinal Tap is a real band. I wanted to write "That's awful! Great job!" over at the Newsarama article but I think other posters might lynch me for thinking that Change-Bot's entertainment value is in its awfulness. Which it is for me but maybe not for them.

I may be reading into this too much, but since the comic is purposefully absurd it follows that the transforming figures would be equally ludicrous. And what's more crazy than a robot that doesn't exactly turn into a vehicle so much as it falls apart and you have to rearrange the pieces? It's the worst transformation ever, but on purpose!

Anonymous said...

Good point. I didn't think about it that way.

It's strange...I find the Rock Lords funny, even though they were meant to be taken seriously and I take the Incredible Change-Bots seriously, even though they were meant to be funny.

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William at 2600 Degrees

Evil King Macrocranios was voted king by the evil peoples of the Kingdom of Macrocrania. They listen to Iron Maiden all day and try to take pictures of ghosts with their webcams.