Friday, January 19, 2007

Better (Antractic) Bloggers than Me



I am getting a few emails asking why I don't concentrate on writing about my Antactric experiences and instead spend so much time writing about toy robots and Skeletor. Well this is because I live my life like Obi-Wan Kenobi on Tatooine, wandering the snowy Antarctic wastelands like a solitary hermit and fighting Sandpeople while practicing the Force. I am quite aware that there are tons of more social and interesting Antarcticans doing a great job of documenting their human interactions and other fantastic uplifting experiences on their Antarctic blogwebs. So what I want to do is point out places on intertron where you can get a good picture of what it's like to be down here and be all friendly and shit.

So check out the following three blogs-they are guarenteed to be the most interesting and wonderful Antractic sites made by beautiful people doing fantastic things. They will fill your compruter screen with breathtaking images of sexy penguins and they'll tell you heartbreaking tales of love and pretty rainbows. Because you know, baby Jesus loves all teh pretty rainbows.

Sandwich Girl is somwhat of a McMurdo celebrity (at least in my eyes). When I first heard I'd be working down here, hers was the first good Antarctic blog I found. The realness and humanity of her writing was comforting to me. She's here now, or at least someone who looks a lot like her is.

Greg McQuoid was one of my coworkers. He's still here and his Antarctic blogging is fun to read.

I just think this guy's writing is interesting and it's worth reading. I see him a lot around the station.

Antarctic Mike is not here now but he wintered over in 2005 and wrote some good stories.

By the way, there's new pictures up at Flick Macrocrania in the Antarctica Summer '06-'07 album. Check out pages seven and eight.

No comments:

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William at 2600 Degrees

Evil King Macrocranios was voted king by the evil peoples of the Kingdom of Macrocrania. They listen to Iron Maiden all day and try to take pictures of ghosts with their webcams.