Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I would have $25 to donate to the abused animals if I hadn't bought the new Matchbox twenty record last week

The other night I was feeling like my life is a Tie Fighter that got one wing blown off and it's on fire in an asteroid field spinning out of control. Luckily there was a "To Catch a Predator" marathon going on and I felt great because no matter how screwed up I think I am, there's always that 44 year old copier repairman with three kids who was just about to retire but they caught him on TV trying to hook up with a 14 year old girl. As the hours went by I found myself feeling better and better about my life, but then during one break they played a commercial with Rob Thomas, the person I wish I was/person I most hate. Hot damn I had some great self esteem building up and then he had to come on with his wife asking people to donate 25 bucks to a charity that helps abused animals. Just as I had gotten control of my flaming Tie Fighter of self esteem, it crashed into an asteroid shaped like the face of Rob Thomas holding a puppy.

My established procedure for dealing with feelings of inadequacy is not to confront my shortcomings and make positive change, it's retreat into my robot room and tell myself that no matter how many puppies Rob Thomas saves, he still doesn't have the 1985 Optimus Prime lenticular sticker from Canadian Cookie Crisp cereal boxes. I've written at length before about the Cookie Crisp Transformers sticker conspiracy and recently I won some ebays that got me closer to figuring out the truth about how many of these stickers were made. I doubt I'll ever find them all, but I did get a couple that I never knew existed like Optimus, Bumblebee, Laserbeak and Sideswipe. It is rumored that this is the most complete set of 1985 Canadian Cookie Crisp stickers ever assembled by me at my house this year. Also earlier today I stepped on my dog. Eat it, Rob Thomas!

4 comments:

Weasel said...

You.... have the Bumblebee sticker?
:cries:
I officially hate you now. (I kid... more or less.)

Evil King Macrocranios said...

Yeah, back when I first posted about it showing up on ebay I waited until after the auction was over and I won before I wrote anything. So I got those eight all at once for $40. Had I wrote about the auction before it ended, I would probably be hating you right now.

Anonymous said...

I didn't think anyone knew or cared about these stickers. So I was interested to read your post.

Being Canadian and a saver of stuff, I know about these stickers and have many in my collection. If you would like, I can make available a colour photocopy of the original cereal box (sadly I don't have the entire cereal box but just the back). No charge. Email me your address.

And happy to answer any questions I can.

Canadian Geek said...

These stickers are awesome and so hard to find! I've been missing Galvatron and Kickback for 3 years now and they never show up

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William at 2600 Degrees

Evil King Macrocranios was voted king by the evil peoples of the Kingdom of Macrocrania. They listen to Iron Maiden all day and try to take pictures of ghosts with their webcams.