The sound of the breaking of the 77th seal of the Roboplastic Apoclaypse is the tippy tip tapping of a magic wand on my voice recorder to see if I can pull a Jose Delbo interview out of my hat! Yes I went to Mystical MiamiCon or whatever and who cares what it's called anyways because all that matters is I got another shot at talking to Jose Delbo about everything that's happened since the last convention I talked to him. Plus I asked a Star Wars question at a panel with Greg Weisman, the Star Wars Rebels season one executive producer! I learned he also created Gargoyles, which based on the voice actor cast I think may have been set in some kind of alternate Star Trek universe. I may not be hip to cartoons without any robots in them and I really didn't know who all the other guests were at Magical Miami Comics Con 2015 but I still had a good time. So smell the magic as I condescendingly complain about all the overpriced robots that I was too smart to buy and then LOL out loud as I get suckered into buying overpriced non-robots comics because I am dumb about GI Joe. How did Mr. Delbo's trip to London go? What are those new robots he's drawing now? And is it mandated somewhere that every single Star Wars character has to have a bad feeling about this? Find out all that and more in this MAGIC CITY 201.5 IS YOUR STATION FOR SMOOTH DELBO JAMS edition of the podcastalypse!
Or download it directly
That new signage looks more Wal-Marty than Convention Centery.
This is the closest to Shogun Warriors toys as the vendors got.
Overpriced neo-G1 was plentiful for people who don't shop internet.
I get the feeling that every Greg Weisman panel becomes a Gargoyles panel.
SPOLIER ALERT! Jim Cummings told me Clampdown was crabby. Very crabby.
Mr. Delbo knocking out the drawings with a new Optimus Prime backdrop.
He had some sketches of newer toys I found rather intriguing.
3 pack baggy GI Joe #2 reprints were super rare when I was a kid!
- HELLO ALL YOU MAGIC CITY COMICCONONIANS
- Greg Weisman had a bad feeling about answering my questions at his panel.
- Jim Cummings told me a little about that crabby Clampdown.
- Okay so maybe they aren't that super rare.
- It's another interview with José Delbo!
- Mr. Delbo's trip to London for the London Film and Comic Con and the couple of panels he did there.
- Copies of Transformers Generation One #100 signed by lots of Transformers artists including Mr. Delbo were auctioned off with the proceeds going to Bill Mantlo.
- There will be a museum exhibit in Coral Springs, Fl featuring Mr. Delbo's work this March.
- Don't Rocket Punch Your Friends!
Don't miss the Coral Springs Museum of Art's Comic & Pop Art exhibit featuring José Delbo and other artists starting March 5th.