Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Transformers ad from 20 years ago of the week-Optimus Prime and Megatron

This week's ad comes from a place in Rapid City called Motive Parts & Supply, Inc. They ran it for the week of December 1st, 1985. It features the two most iconic Transformers of all. I don't have much to write because I'M ON MY WAY TO BOTCON 2006 RIGHT NOW! WOO HOO!!!!

I will say that as a kid I never could figure out what to do with that little silvery gun thing that came with Megatron. He couldn't hold it in his fists. He couldn't shoot it like a bullet. He couldn't combine with it or use it as a shield. It didn't even look like a gun or a rifle to me. So I did what any kid would do. I pretended it was a spaceship that he traveled across the galaxy in, kicking people's asses and destroying whole civilizations on the various planets he landed on. I imagined it was the size of many Jupiters. In my childhood imagination, the smaller the toy was, the larger the object it protrayed in 'real life'.

No comments:

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William at 2600 Degrees

Evil King Macrocranios was voted king by the evil peoples of the Kingdom of Macrocrania. They listen to Iron Maiden all day and try to take pictures of ghosts with their webcams.