The eleventh seal of the Roboplastic Apocalypse snaps, crackles and pops like I stuck my microphone in a bowl of rice crispies at a firecracker convention in this special Florida Supercon 2010 edition of the Podcastalypse! Thrill to the adventures of the Nostrodomatron as I walk the floor talking to myself for ten minutes about must have items I saw at FSC that every toy robot collector needs in their collection like terrible cardboard box Gundam costumes, very expensive drawings of old robots, some bootleg Botcon shirts and 12 inch tall Lynn Minmay dolls. Plus José Delbo talks to me about being the penciler on the old Marvel G1 Transformer comic from 1988 to 1990!
Or download it directly
THE DO-IT-YOURSELF roBOT CONvention
Bill Sienkiewicz, who did the covers for the first issues of both Transformers and Starriors. Had those two been the only guests it would still have been a robotastic convention. I will choose to remember this convention as Botcon Miami, where Mr. Delbo and Mr. Sienkiewicz were the only guests and Tia Carrere, Yaya Han and Lion-O just happened to be there, too.
SHOW NOTES OF THE PODCASTALYPSE
- Meeting my robot heroes
- Not robots that turn into pencils-the other way around!
- Bad Gundam character design or homeless fan of Japanese robots?
- If I had a cardboard car I would totally use these
- What every bootleg robot cartoon DVD collector needs in their collection
- Remembering the Sturyorz
- A real Minmay Doll! (Not a Minmay real doll-that's something else)
- The Perceptor DaVinci pose from All Hail Perceptor
- Interview with José Delbo!