Friday, June 18, 2010

Supercon Day O (Where the "O" is for Lion-O)



FLORIDA SUPERCON FRIDAY RECAP
  • Haven't seen any cosplayers in robot costumes yet.
  • My robot heroes Delbo and Sienkewicz weren't there but that was cool because I forgot to put an SD card in my camera!
  • One dealer had bootleg DVDs of Mighty Orbots, Japanese Transformers, Tranzor-Z and one that I think was called "The Best of GoBots"!
  • Very little by way of robot figures on the dealer floor. Saw a Japanese reissue Smokescreen and some Revoltech Patlabors but that was it.
  • One dealer has original art from Micronauts, ROM, Shogun Warriors and G1 Transformers comics. Pages from Transformers #43 and Transformers #55 were $95-$150 each, while he wanted $1,200 for the cover to Shogun Warriors #5!
  • I congratulated Larry Kenny on landing that new Thundercats role-he said I was the first to mention it so far this weekend!
  • HOLY CRAP I TALKED TO LION-O!!!!!

No comments:

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William at 2600 Degrees

Evil King Macrocranios was voted king by the evil peoples of the Kingdom of Macrocrania. They listen to Iron Maiden all day and try to take pictures of ghosts with their webcams.