Friday, February 05, 2010

What this blog needs is to preach to the Convertor'd!

Zodys 12/01/85

Convertors was one of those other transforming toy robots lines of the 80s that most people my age don't remember but I can almost guarantee everyone owned a couple of these when they were kids. In Pasadena I came across two ads for Convertors that I thought were pretty cool-the above one for the Avarian and Insector giftsets and the one below for the awesomely named American Minibots. While I previously found ads that mention the Convertors giftsets, I hadn't come across ads with pictures of the boxes before so these ads are kind of cool. It is my hope to one day open up a Convertors section at the Vintage Space Toaster Palace. I have enough ads to make it interesting but right now it'll have to wait until after I redo the GoBots and Voltron sections and that'll take a while. If you want to read more about the Avarians and Insectors, go check out the Super Toy Archive and for some good reviews and background on the American Mini Bots I recommend Counter-X's Convertors page.

SavOn 12/04/85

UUMERRICUHH-FUCK YEAH!

No comments:

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William at 2600 Degrees

Evil King Macrocranios was voted king by the evil peoples of the Kingdom of Macrocrania. They listen to Iron Maiden all day and try to take pictures of ghosts with their webcams.