Friday, September 18, 2009

RETURN OF NO WEBLOG FOR OLD ROBOTS WEEK! PART 5: The force is strong in this children's bedding ensemble

I'll be busy this week moving into the Death Star after 3 months of living on a moisture farm in Tattooine. It's a good opportunity to do a second annual NO WEBLOG FOR OLD ROBOTS WEEK. Except unlike last year when I put some effort into it, this time I'm just phoning it in. So enjoy this week's store appearances themed series of ads where various Floridian malls and marts from over 20 years ago rolled out the red carpet for a variety of guests hailing from Tatooine, Symbion, Eternia and wherever Donkey Kong comes from.

TODAY: JC Penny at Dadeland Mall in Miami hosts Darth Vader on October 28th, 1979. Awesome line of the ad: "Also meet BOBA FETT"!

2 comments:

Heavyarms said...

Wow. That's kind of cool since Boba Fett was, what, a year away from appearing on the big screen? I wonder how accurate the costume was.

Evil King Macrocranios said...

That's a good question about the Boba Fett costume. I tried googling for pictures from store appearances like this but I realized that even if such photos existed people probably wouldn't remember the exact date they saw him. I also realized that I've been spelling 'JC Penney' wrong my entire life.

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William at 2600 Degrees

Evil King Macrocranios was voted king by the evil peoples of the Kingdom of Macrocrania. They listen to Iron Maiden all day and try to take pictures of ghosts with their webcams.