Thursday, May 08, 2008

Yes sir I am only ten years old but I am highly motivated and I can start right away

This Kenner help wanted ad was run in the Cincinnati Enquirer November 24th of 1984. Ideally having this job back then meant you'd get to work on some legendary toy lines in '85 like M.A.S.K., the tail end of Star Wars, Droids and the DC superheroes stuff. It would have been awesome to be a part of the creation of the A-Wing fighter from Star Wars or the Thunderhawk from M.A.S.K. Then eventually through the years you'd be around to work on Batman, Star Wars (again) and Beast Wars. With my luck if they hired me I'd be stuck working on Care Bears and the only vehicles I'd have had a hand in would be Grumpy Bear's cloud car and Strawberry Shortcake's wheelbarrow. But I would have found a way to make them transform into homicidal robots with lots of guns. Then they'd fire me. I would have loved that job anyways. Heck, I'd love it now. It probably belongs to someone in China today, though.

No comments:

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William at 2600 Degrees

Evil King Macrocranios was voted king by the evil peoples of the Kingdom of Macrocrania. They listen to Iron Maiden all day and try to take pictures of ghosts with their webcams.