Saturday, January 24, 2015

MAGICAL CON MISSIVES of the MECHANICAL MIAMI MEN



The sound of the breaking of the 77th seal of the Roboplastic Apoclaypse is the tippy tip tapping of a magic wand on my voice recorder to see if I can pull a José Delbo interview out of my hat! Yes I went to Mystical MiamiCon or whatever and who cares what it's called anyways because all that matters is I got another shot at talking to José Delbo about everything that's happened since the last convention I talked to him. Plus I asked a Star Wars question at a panel with Greg Weisman, the Star Wars Rebels season one executive producer! I learned he also created Gargoyles (which based on the voice actor cast I think may have been set in some kind of alternate Star Trek universe). I may not be hip to cartoons without any robots in them and I really didn't know who all the other guests were at Magical Miami Comics Con 2015 but I still had a good time. So smell the magic as I condescendingly complain about all the overpriced robots that I was too smart to buy and then LOL out loud as I get suckered into buying overpriced non-robots comics because I am dumb about GI Joe. How did Mr. Delbo's trip to London go? What are those new robots he's drawing now? And is it mandated somewhere that every single Star Wars character has to have a bad feeling about this? Find out all that and more in this MAGIC CITY 201.5 IS YOUR STATION FOR SMOOTH DELBO JAMS edition of the podcastalypse!

Or download it directly

That new signage looks more Wal-Marty than Convention Centery.

This is the closest to Shogun Warriors toys as the vendors got.

Overpriced neo-G1 was plentiful for people who don't shop internet.

I get the feeling that every Greg Weisman panel becomes a Gargoyles panel.

SPOLIER ALERT! Jim Cummings told me Clampdown was crabby. Very crabby.

Mr. Delbo knocking out the drawings with a new Optimus Prime backdrop.

He had some sketches of newer toys I found rather intriguing.

It was cool to see a mix of old and new Transformers in his art!

3 pack baggy GI Joe #2 reprints were super rare when I was a kid!



SHOW NOTES OF THE PODCASTALYPSE


Don't miss the Coral Springs Museum of Art's Comic & Pop Art exhibit featuring José Delbo and other artists starting March 5th.

2 comments:

Paunch Show Greg said...

LOVE Star Wars Rebels, though seemed like you were badgering the witness.

Evil King Macrocranios said...

DID YOU OR DID YOU NOT GIVE THAT TWILEK A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS?! I WANT ANSWERS!

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William at 2600 Degrees

Evil King Macrocranios was voted king by the evil peoples of the Kingdom of Macrocrania. They listen to Iron Maiden all day and try to take pictures of ghosts with their webcams.