The 27th seal of the Roboplastic Apocalypse disintegrates into a dusty pile of ashes like a dead Dire Wraith! Yes it's a ROMtastic Podcastalypse as the Nostrodomatron tries to figure out why the heck there hasn't been a ROM action figure in the past 30 years and what's up with that Boobs McSpaceknight over in the Marvel Annihilators mini series right now. Plus I go looking for someone to talk some ROM with and I find a guy named Chris at the local comic shop who knows a thing or two about comic books! There's all that and more in this "IS THAT AN ENERGY ANALYZER IN YOUR SUBSPACE OR ARE YOU JUST HAPPY TO MEET ME?" edition of the podcastalypse!
Or download it directly
|ToyCo 18 November 1979||FedMart 28 November 1979|
ROM in Silver Surfer Episode 5 and IKON in Annihilators #1
SHOW NOTES OF THE PODCASTALYPSE
- ROMtastic advice: Don't trust evil magicians!
- Opening poem (There's no place like Gaylador edition)
- UFOs will probably land at Toys R Us before ROM does
- Getting Obama to admit Peter Porker actually happened
- I'm a ROM newb (I've only liked him for 26 years)
- Angsty cyborgs and the monsters who try to eat them
- Let me tell you about this cool movie from 1984 about a murderous robot from the future
- I am an unpaid Tate's publicist
- Interview with Chris Ryall during IDW Day at Tate's
- I am very familiar with Chris Ryall's head
- It's easier to collect ROM art when all your friends are comic artists
- The possibility of Transformers #81
- ROM's toy lineage
- Parker Brothers and Bing McCoy-creator of the ROM action figure
- A look at Hasbro's ROM trademark history
- The US Patent & Trademark Office's definition of Intent to Use
- ROM's cartoon appearance in Silver Surfer episode 5
- Toy Biz's unproduced Dire Wraith
- Will Hasbro and Marvel ever decide to release ROM toys?
- IKON-A great new Spaceknight or just ROM with boobs?
- Unfounded, uninformed and totally baseless speculation that we'll see a return of ROM to comics-I guarantee it!
- Lee Seitz's ROM Spaceknight Revisited website and also his EclecticLee blog
- The Blog for ROM fans who aren't dicks!
- The Sanctum Sanctorum's ROM rundown!
- Thanks to Bing McCoy!
- Don't rocket punch your friends!