The twenty-second seal of the Roboplastic Apocalypse erupts like an underwater oil well spewing tremendous amounts of flaming oily 1985 toy robots into the gulf of Mexico. Yes it's a RoboEnvironmental disaster as I realize that in my carelessness and zeal to exploit the natural resource that is 25 year old pop culture, nobody noticed I used up all the 1985! Weep in joyful terror as the Nostrodomatron predicts a horrifying future where there are no more vintage toy robots newspaper ads left for future generations to bore themselves to death looking for at the library. Plus other deeply profound preponderances of great philosophical importance like why do the terrorists hate us for our toy robots and what's the best Micronaut thing to get Michael Golden to sign at a comic book convention. It's all here and more in this "I'M NOT WASTING MY PRESENT BY LIVING IN THE PAST, I'M RECYCLING PERFECTLY GOOD 1985" edition of the Podcastalypse!
Or download it directly
|Service Merchandise 11/03/85|
STEP UP TO THE MEG
SLEEP THROUGH TYRANNY
TRU 08 September 85
SHOW NOTES OF THE PODCASTALYPSE
- The heartwarming sense of self worth gained from ruining something good
- The downtown Fort Lauderbrutal library and the dangers therein
- It's hard to usher in the Roboplastic Apocalypse with reduced library hours
- Discovery channel Christmas lights maniacs and their misguided priorities
- Toy robots newspaper ad maniacs and their justifiably misguided priorities
- Lazy librarians from 25 years ago impacting my hobby
- Way more than anyone wants to know about Playworld circulars
- Michael Golden at WizardWorld Miami
- Crash course in Pallisades Acroyears variants
- Blanking on Blinky
- My Podcastalyptical effect on the secondary market value of ExoSquad comics
- break-Bucky O'Hare
- South Florida libraries are the Bermuda Triangle of Playworld newspaper ads
- The negative psychological impact of repeated exposure to 1985
- 1985 GoBot Trapper Keeper ad makes me wonder if I am paying attention in life
- How much 1985 is left out there?
- There is still lots of 1985 to go around now, but will it be there for future generations?
- Is my blog an environmental 80s robots disaster?
- Should we leave some 1985 for our grandkids?
- 1985 didn't end, it got put into little boxes at the library
- 1985 toy robots newspaper ads are a non renewable resource that I collect like baby seal furs
- The coming cheap labor based Roboplastic Armageddon
- Hopefully Vietnamese toy laborers don't shop at TRU
- Finding alternative hobby fuels
- Collecting not robots of toy robots but pictures of toy robots
- Spending most of my 2010 in 1985
- Reliving cool moment historical highlights of 1985 like serial killings and plane crashes
- Recycling 1985 responsibly
- break-Takara Microman Giant Acroyear
- Is that a Megatron in your mouth or are you wearing robot pajamas?
- Is this a Convertors toy robot ad or am I working in a robot assembling factory in Vietnam?
- Wizard World Miami pre-game highlights
- Landos and Batmans and DeLoreans oh my!
- The Podcastalypse procures a press pass
- Michael Golden and Bill Sienkewicz panels
- G4 at MiamiWizardWorldCon
- GoBots auction recap
- Learning to use the Robofacial Bookocalypse
- Don't Rocket Punch your friends!