Saturday, April 11, 2009

CHANGES FROM CHILDHOOD TO ARMAGEDDON AND BACK!

Hello my fellow Macrocranians and welcome to the Roboplastic Apocalypse. If there is one thing I have learned it is that in life and toy robots I may not find salvation but I will find lots of changes. Changes of pace, changes of heart, changes of address, changes from car to helicopter to robot. There's climate change, social change, and the ones that have ruled my life over the last few years-Micro Change and diaper change. Hence there comes a time in an Evil King's reign where he can no longer blog four times a week about 25 year old toy robot Volkswagens and their transforming dinosaur cohorts (although I would really like to). But that doesn't mean I must give up entirely. Maybe once a week is still possible, maybe on Sunday mornings. Welcome to the Roboplastic Apocalypse.

I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE SAY THEY HATE IT WHEN BLOGGERS BLOG ABOUT BLOGGING

One thing that always bugged me about Please Save Me Robots was how pathetic that title sounded. I always imagined being at Botcon and interviewing some toy robots celebrity and then he asks, "Hey what's the name of your blog?" and I say "Please Save Me Robots" and then the whole room goes silent and everybody in the whole convention from the little kids to the cosplaying Cheetaras looks at me and pees a little in their mouths (or however that saying goes). After buying the PSMR domain and using it here on Bloogler and watermarking a thousand ads with it at the Vintage Space Toaster Palace I felt like I was kind of stuck, but that didn't mean I couldn't change the most fundamentally defining aspect of my online existence-the banner at the top of my blog.

"ROBOTASTIC AL-QAEDALINKS" WAS ALREADY TAKEN

I wanted to change it, but to what? My first idea was "Robotarded Anonymous" but that had a dorky toy robots support group feel to it, and the Thoroughly Informative Transformers Themed Internet Enertainment Sites' message boards already have that angle totally covered. I wanted something more rock and roll-a name and a logo that would look good in a heavy metal shirt kind of way. So I came up with "Robotastic Armageddon" but that sounded like a corny swedish death metal band. What I needed was something with the dorkiness of a toy robots support group but the rock and roll of a corny swedish death metal band. And that's where we are now. Welcome to my new old blog, updated less frequently and changed most radically. Welcome to the Roboplastic Apocalypse.

No comments:

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William at 2600 Degrees

Evil King Macrocranios was voted king by the evil peoples of the Kingdom of Macrocrania. They listen to Iron Maiden all day and try to take pictures of ghosts with their webcams.