Thursday, September 06, 2007

I'm married now so I've long since stopped investing enormous amounts of time and money for two minutes of satisfaction

It's been announced that there'll be an additional two minutes of footage in the IMAX version of the Transformer movie coming out September 21st. I think I'm going to punk out and not go see it. I guess I'm just not as big a fan as everybody else is, or at least I'm not big enough to spend a couple hundred bucks on a road trip to Denver where the nearest IMAX is. I guess I will just wait for it on DVD like all the other slackers who don't want to drive a measly 400 miles one way to go to the IMAX. And honestly I'm still up in the air on whether or not I'll buy the DVD. I waited 29 years before buying Star Wars on any video format, so I'm not in much of a rush for Transformers. Maybe I'll get it when it's out on virtual reality wank-o-vision brain download in 2038.

Not entirely coincidentally, the Elks Theatre in downtown Rapid City will start showing Transformers tomorrow. Although its a second run theatre it claims to be South Dakota's largest screen. I've seen movies there before and the best way to describe it is it's IMAX for hillbillys. I think during one movie I saw a chicken running up and down the aisles. I don't know if I'll go. With the cancellation of the Alternators line I'm so apathetic towards Transformers robots right now that Megan Fox could drive up in Optimus Prime with IMAX tickets right now offering to drive me to Denver and give me blow jobs all the way and I wouldn't give a crap.

2 comments:

Heavyarms said...

Well, if you're not gonna go, can I ride with Megan Fox?

Evil King Macrocranios said...

Yeah but I'm keeping Optimus Prime. You two can go in my beat up old Camry which will probably break down halfway there.

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William at 2600 Degrees

Evil King Macrocranios was voted king by the evil peoples of the Kingdom of Macrocrania. They listen to Iron Maiden all day and try to take pictures of ghosts with their webcams.