Monday, September 10, 2007

Buying little plastic robot cars is only marginally less retarded than playing a video game where you pretend you are the little plastic robot cars



I intended to do a "deal of the week" post last week when I found OctaneToysUSA selling some used Alternators with their packages for $20 each, but I got so sidetracked watching Ninja Warrior and playing the Transformer video game that bloggering fell by the wayside. It sucks when the time I budget for minimally creative things like bloggering gets eaten up by the enormous wastes of time that are TV and video games, but what can you do. I have to admit that trying to jump over Shia LeBouff's house with Optimus Prime is a hell of a lot of fun.

Deal of the week this week is only open to people who can get on Army and Air Force bases. That means you either have to be in the military, be related to the military, be retired military, or be a pizza delivery driver. I have found out with the help of AAFES.com that this week's upcoming Toyland ad will have the movie deluxes and voyagers for a couple bucks cheaper than at normal retail outlets. What is cool about this AAFES sale is that the robots pictured in the ad are all from the first few waves. I never bought any movie toys so when they put out the sale stock this Friday it'd be a good chance to catch up if I wanted to. But I really don't want to because I still think the movie toys look like either car accidents or dog turds wrapped in multi colored aluminum foil.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mostly I hate the movie aesthetic, but I have found myself buying G1 deco Jazz and Longarm. I hate the movie faces overall. Jazz I figure will pass as Classics Jazz unless they actually come out with a real one - then I will look to sell this one.

I do still want a Wreckage and I wish I'd bought one from Target when they were eight bucks (and available).

Anonymous said...

IMO, the movie toys are some of the nicest looking Transformers. For example, I love the Dropkick toy, but can't stand G1 Brawn as a toy. I really suggest picking up one or two and I think you might like them. I mean, you like Alternators. The movie toys are kinda like scaled down Alts.

Evil King Macrocranios said...

Yeah, viscous, I almost sort of regret not getting that Bumblebee/Barricade two pack when they had tons of them at my local Wal-Mart. But with all the upcoming store exclusives and new case assortments with old figures I will have my second chances at Bumblebees and Barricades yet.

I don't know, Richard. I think the movie toys exemplify the Go-Bot style of transforming toy robot design. On the whole they have great vehicle modes but the robot modes look awful. And the designs just don't match the movie models but I will give them credit for trying. The only ones I am considering are the Bumblebees and maybe Barricade because I loved playing them both in the game.

Weasel said...

The only ones I am considering are the Bumblebees and maybe Barricade because I loved playing them both in the game.

You are required by law to purchase Bumblebee, for he is the most awesome Transformer of all time.

Well, what were you expecting me to say? ;)

Anonymous said...

Bumblebee is gay. If you buy any one movie Transformer, you should buy either Dropkick or Barricade. Besides, they'll be easier to find than gaywadbee.

Evil King Macrocranios said...

Well I went to the BX to see what they got in and it was just an assload of protoforms like they always had, plus Ironhide, Ratchet and Starscream. Ironhide sold quick because South Dakotans love them big trucks. So it looks like no Bumbledummy for me yet.

Weasel said...

you should buy either Dropkick

Isn't he the Emo-bot? Or am I thinking someone else here? (If he is an emo-bot, you may wanna skip him; he might slice his wrists while still in the package.)

or Barricade.

Do. Not. WANT. Prime has half-jokingly said he may want to collect Barricade. Ever time he says that, he gets the eye. For several hours.

Besides, they'll be easier to find than gaywadbee.

In my area, damn near everything is sold out. Except for the 800 zillion protoform Primes and Starscreams at TRU. And don't get me started about my local suck-ass Wal-Mart. =/ Though we did get in a new case of deluxes recently.... all that's left is a Payload and a Final Battle Jazz. Am I ever glad I snagged my Concept Bees while I was on lunch break about a month ago.

So it looks like no Bumbledummy for me yet.

Could always wait for the Scene Sets Hasbro'll be putting out. Or you could go super crazy and get an Ultimate Bumblebee. :)

...

Wait, forget I mentioned UltiBee. I still need two more of him! (What? I'm dedicated to my Autobot, dammit!)

--Weasel, just got herself two FAB Bumbles. Life is goooooooood.

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William at 2600 Degrees

Evil King Macrocranios was voted king by the evil peoples of the Kingdom of Macrocrania. They listen to Iron Maiden all day and try to take pictures of ghosts with their webcams.