Saturday, February 10, 2007

The last time, I was interesting

DSCN8824

I feel like although I have a tripod now and I can frame pictures better, the Antarctica pictures I took last year without one had a lot more spirit and life in them. Last year I had to find creative spots to put the camera like on snow berms or on rocks so the perspectives are really odd and they've got a lot of personality. I'm really looking forward to getting home to South Dakota so I can get those Antarctic Summer '05-'06 pictures up on Flickr.

My weather observing shifts at Pegasus are done and it looks like I'm closing out the season at Williams Field. There's a lot more airplane action there and a lot crazier weather. It was fun being a Pegasus observer though and I will miss it. I liked the wildlife and seeing happy people go home. I was out at Williams Field a lot last summer so getting to observe there again is a homecoming of sorts. There will be a bit of Pegasus seperation anxiety though. I really liked it out there. Now that I'm at Williams Field expect lots of pictures of me and LC-130s over at the Antarctica Summer '06-'07 set. (By the way, there are new pictures on pages 13 and 14.)

The final issue of this season's Antarctic Sun (McMurdo's weekly newspaper) has a lot of good stuff in it. I especially liked the profile story where an old timey guy describes how life on the station used to be. Heck, I noticed big obvious changes from one year to the next. I can't imagine all he's seen over the course of 18 years.

No comments:

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William at 2600 Degrees

Evil King Macrocranios was voted king by the evil peoples of the Kingdom of Macrocrania. They listen to Iron Maiden all day and try to take pictures of ghosts with their webcams.