Wednesday, September 13, 2006

What year is this again?

Last week I bought Alternators Optimus Prime and the new Iron Maiden CD called "A Matter of Life and Death". It occurs to me that every time I buy a new Optimus Prime, Iron Maiden releases a good record that year.

Check this out:

1984 1st Optimus Prime/ Iron Maiden releases "Powerslave"


1988 Powermaster Optimus Prime/ Iron Maiden releases "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son"


1992 G2 Optimus Prime/ Iron Maiden releases "Fear of the Dark"


2000 Super Fire Convoy/ Iron Maiden releases "Brave New World"


2006 Alternators Optimus Prime/ Iron Maiden releases "A Matter of Life and Death"

Just about every five years history repeats itself and I buy Optimus Prime and Iron Maiden records. It's like Halley's Comet except if Halley's Comet was a big red truck and it screamed like Bruce Dickinson.

Weird Al Yankovich has a new CD out next week, too. And the Star Wars movies I grew up with just got released to home video this week. What year is it again? If I didn't know better I'd swear it was 1984.

No comments:

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William at 2600 Degrees

Evil King Macrocranios was voted king by the evil peoples of the Kingdom of Macrocrania. They listen to Iron Maiden all day and try to take pictures of ghosts with their webcams.